Saturday, December 12, 2009

I had a thought...

...of us being sick at the same time. Both stuffy noses, and coughs and fevers. Both stranded at home. I have the brilliant idea of catching a cab to your house and being sick together. Then I realize that's not such a good idea. We agree to stay on the phone during our sickness. And we do. Even when we have nothing to say and there is silence coming from both ends. You ask if I'm still awake and I inform you that I am then we both retreat back to silence. We are both fine with this. In the quiet I think of how silly this is but how much I love it and how much it shows how much I like you. Love you, really. It is love but I haven't said it to you yet. Neither have you. Then you blow your nose and I comment about how the snot sounded ready to come out. I try to blow mine and you say the snot is not ready. Give it about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment